Wednesday, July 11, 2007



Gotta give him credit for trying.

God escapes day in court

A Romanian murderer who sued God for "fraud" and "betrayal of trust" for failing to answer his prayers has had his case dismissed in court, a newspaper has reported.

The daily Evenimentul Zilei says 40-year-old Mircea Pavel brought charges against "the defendant God, who lives in the heavens and is represented in Romania by the Orthodox Church" for failing to free him from evil.

(snip)

"At my christening, I made a deal with the defendant aimed at freeing me from evil," he wrote.

"But the latter has not respected that agreement until now, although he received from me various assets and numerous prayers."

The court in Timisoara, in western Romania, dismissed the case, ruling that "God is not subject to law and does not have an address".

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

Go Schumer go!!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

This story is a riot...mind if I use it on my blog? It kinda goes with the "divine" thing...promise to hat tip you, paddy!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

God?
Oh, that is hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home