Monday, March 12, 2007

Taylor has a great take on Hillary and the politics of gender. She makes some interesting comparisons to John F. Kennedy's having to deal with the "Catholic" issue in 1960 (looking at important differences, too).

Taylor is well-versed in the variety of issues at stake here, and takes an interesting look at Hillary's lost cloak of inevitability. And, if that's not enough, it's Taylor.

I mean c'mon, she's always a fun gal to read because she GETS IT. So, um, read it...please.

4 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Comments anyone?

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Actually, Hillary said a lot more than, "you won't know unless you try". She also, in that same speech, spoke of the "invisible Americans" that Bush chooses to ignore and she spoke putting a handle on Bush's war. So, to pick out the one thing....a bit nit-picky.

Sorry, Cliff....I don't think she "got it", this time. This is more of the type of stuff you see from the right-wingers, to pick one phrase from a speech and make it sound as if that is her whole campaign.

I can't believe I'm disagreeing with you on something, maybe I need another cup of coffee. ;)

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did your bidding and read the Taylor, Cliff. (Are you pandering for a link? ;0)

I have to agree with ME on this one, too. I heard the bulk of Hillary's speech and I didn't pick up her comparing herself to JFK - just noting similarity of situation in her whereabouts and expectations.

In any event I did like her closing sentence:

"Speaking as a woman, I liked Hillary better when she was inevitable.".

I feel that way, too.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Was not going for link. Just liked the piece. But on the road and tired. So I could be wrong. It would only be the 4,278th time....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home