Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pre-Super Bowl Notes

1) It was a rough week on The Young Turks for my little segment. First they thought I was someone else (actually my colleague at The Gadflyer, Paul Waldman, not due to go on until 8:30 AM, not 8 AM), no biggie, but then it seems I reported a story that is an Internet hoax (Donnie Davies).

I had heard rumblings, but decided to go with it anyhow, as it is a "funny" segment, as opposed to well-sourced, hard-hitting news like the fact that Barack Obama was educated at a Madrassa.

2) I wrote a piece for Huff Post summing up our success (over 200,000 views and counting of Robert Greenwald's short video John McCain vs. John McCain) at launching The Real McCain site. Progressive synergy.

Hey, it got us a front-page article on the LA Times and coverage in numerous other MSM venues (supposedly on CNN tonight, but I'll be watching other things...we'll get to that in a minute).

3) I have a new piece up at The Real McCain. It shows how Republican Senator Chuck Hagel has now called Double-Talk McCain's Iraq plan "intellectually dishonest."

4) I am going on the Cup O' Joe Radio Show on The Head-On Radio Network tomorrow at 10:15 AM EST to discuss using technology in message politics (a la our McCain site). From the picture it looks like it's based on Chicago. I don't know much more. Should be fun.

Finally, who ya want to win tonight in the Superbowl, if you indeed give a crap? I was pulling for Peyton Manning, and I do try to separate my sports from my politics, but just found out he maxed out to racist Bob Corker in the last election. And I do love Chicago. But Paddy's from Indiana. So, really, as you can see, I have no freakin idea who I am pulling for anymore.

Now off to the gym to pre-work off that pizza and beer.

8 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

I've got a case of beer on The Colts.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

Oh, and the Donny Davis video has been yanked due to terms of service......

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I don't need no stinkin' Super Bowl to pork out on pizza and beer.

And it's "Barack Hussein Obama". Let's give the terrorist his due.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Cliff, don't root for the Colts on my behalf. I'm od'ing on back to back episodes of "The Closer".

Superbowl? That's the SUPEROVERHYPEDCHASINGPIGLEATHEREXTRAVEGANZA they put on to highlite the commercials, right?

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger basheert said...

OK I gotta admit, hubs is watching Super Bowl and I'm doing other stuff. It's hard to get too twisted about this game...especially with Prince (a "man" who changed his official name to a symbol and back) as the half-time "stunt"....
Am enjoying all the rain though - the game is here in Phoenix next year and we will manage to avoid it yet again.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Well thanks a lot Cliff...pulling for the Colt's when I'M from Chicago! You broke my heart, young man!

....and so did the Bears, tonight. But I still love them because they gave us a great season and I just love Lovie to death. Now, to the important sport...baseball! White Sox opening day in 57 more days, WoooHooooo!!!! Let's go White Sox!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

mary ellen, in the end when paddy let me know that The Closer was, well, closer to hear heart than the Colts, it tipped the balance in favor of Chicago.

So I was actually cheering for Chicago the whole time. But hey, as you said, you guys did have a great season.

And yes, baseball is cooler, I agree. I grew up a baseball fan before football.

In fact, you might want to check out this blog called Pinstripe Alley (www.pinstripealley.com). It is a Yankees blog, and some guy named Cliff is a writer for it (the editor is another intrepid progressive named John Amato, of Crooks & Liars fame)...

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Cliff

For you, I'll check it out...but don't tell anyone! If they hear about this on the White Sox site I hang out at, I will be blackballed for life! Although, sometimes I lurk at the Cubs sites just to read their whining. It's worth it for a good laugh.

I have to say that when the Yankee fans come to Cell Field, they're pretty cool. The worst visiting fans are the Cubs (they tear the place up pretty badly, even broke a bronze statue once) and the Kansas City fans are really lousy.

I can't wait for opening day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home