Monday, July 30, 2007

I have two words for the Iraqi Parliament.

You know what they are.

Iraqi Parliament Adjourns for August

By KIM GAMEL
Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD (AP) -- Iraq's parliament adjourned Monday for an August recess without receiving from the government a series of U.S.-backed draft laws designed to promote national unity and stem support for the Sunni-led insurgency.

Speaker Mahmoud al-Mashhadani closed the three-hour session without a quorum present and declared it would not resume work until Sept. 4.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

I second that Paddy.

I won't be at Yearly Kos Paddy, no matter how much I would like to.

Can I transfer my opportunity to have lunch with Cliff to Sam Seder? He will be performing interviews there.

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaaaahhhh, but I'm hoooootttt!

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear they're all going to the ranch in Crawford to stay with Bush for the month of August where they can kill trees and ride bikes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home