Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mudcat Is Toothless

Emblematic of many Democratic strategists, Mudcat Saunders is in full retreat after only 1 day in the blogosphere. Apparently, I was not the only one beating up on Mudcat's blogging excrement, so today he issued an apology. Sort of.

Here's what he had to say

And by the way, I never intended to shoot at the net roots with my initial post. I am simply an “elitism hating” Southern Democrat who loathes the stereotypes that have been placed upon me and my neighbors. However, apologies with buts ain’t worth a damn.

While I do give him credit for apologizing, his second sentence is complete and utter crap. No one attacked Southerners before his post. He was the one using stereotypes, labeling folks the "Metropolitan opera crowd." He heaped scorn on me and my neighbors in the Northeast. You don't get to go on the attack then play the victim, Mudcat. Hopefully, he's learned a lesson about the blogosphere. Now if he would only stop telling Democrats the way to win is through the South.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

I was following the whole thing, and Mudcat came off very badly.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are wrong about the stereotyping--- life-long southern democrat here

also have done business all over the country for many years

southerners and southern democrats are stereotyped everyday -- all day

happens to people from the northeast, too

Mudcat may have said some things badly and offensively. But he is right about being tired of the stereotypes.

We in the south run candidates without money from the northeast. And win. In the last election almost all of my donations went to people in other states -- including to the northeast. Fortunately for all of us, the domination of the repubs in the south may continue to crumble because they are the party of corruption and we are the party of the rule of law.

And you are VERY wrong if you think I exist as a southern democrat because of northeastern liberals. I consider myself just as liberal as most people in the party regardless of their geography.

I don't like to stereotype people and I don't like to be stereotyped, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home