Tuesday, June 19, 2007


Housecleaning stuff....

Reminders......

MSNBC is running an all day thingie on the Democratic Presidential Candidates. Tweety is already ticking me off.

House Judiciary Cmte hearing on US atty purge.
Deputy AG Paul McNulty testifies. 6/19 at 1pm. 2141 Rayburn.

Yearly Kos 2007 is having a fundraising auction on Ebay. Lots of really cool stuff, including lunch with Cliff at Yearly Kos 2007, August 2-4th. Even if you aren't planning to go, but will be in the Chicago area, you can share a plate of fries with him at The Plate Room in McCormick Place. You do not have to register and pay for Yearly Kos to have lunch with Cliff!! (Check out the other stuff up for auction also. I donated the Keith Olbermann tattoos. Don't ask.)

Please click on all our advertisers (so they will continue to advertise) and if you are thinking of buying something from Amazon, clicking on one of our links to go through benefits us. Each of the books that we have linked to Amazon through are hand picked by The Cliffster himself. I love the haiku at Deadly Haiku, the Clarence Thomas book looks really interesting, I've heard really incredible things about "Nixon", and as always, we severely dislike Mitch.

And for all of you bemoaning the lack of Cliff lately, the book is in the editors hands, he's at the Take Back America conference until Wednesday. He says he'll be blogging about the conference on and off, but I think he's just too busy hanging with Joe Conason (sigh) and the like.

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

Argh.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am a progressive. As such, I have progressive attitudes about SOME things, while my attitudes about other things (like illegal immigration) differ from other progressives.

I have been pitched from DK due to my attitudes. TR for opinion, it happens.

So, the question is, why should anyone go to YearlyKOS after being pitched from DK?

Put another way, if we have a progressive political movement which involves inclusiveness except for those who have been pitched, what is that anyway?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

Well DG, this would be my take.

I don't agree with everything on DK. Personally I stay away from anything having to do with Meta, Immigration and Israel/Palestine. I appreciate the forum and reach it can give people with ideas or thoughts that usually don't get out there.

If I had been banned from DK, I wouldn't want to go to Yearly, but I would want to go to some of the other conventions/gatherings out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home