Sunday, April 01, 2007



Happy April Fools Day!!

I'm not going to even try to trick anyone, but let me just say, I was REALLY upset this morning!!

Moore to play Scully in X-Files sequel
Date : April 1, 2007 Posted By : Clint Morris

Another month … another makeover for a popular film franchise.

Hot on the heels of David Duchovny’s comments that the next “X-Files” movie is being brokered as we speak comes news from CarterEsque.com that co-star Gillian Anderson – who has played his sciency subordinate since the series’ commencement in 1993 – has opted out of the new film. -snip- Thanks to ‘Loof Lirpa’


Now, you can do many things to me but DON'T EVEN THINK about messing with my X-Files. I like Julianne Moore just fine, but that is like replacing David Duchovny with Pierce Brosnan. Fine in their own rights but a whole different kettle of fish.

Free Google In-Home Wireless Broadband Service? Sure, I'll bite.
Totally worth a read.

Ten of the best April Fool's Day hoaxes

I hadn't heard of this one, and good thing. Someone would have been hurt.

- In 1992, US National Public Radio announced that Richard Nixon was running for president again. His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again." They even had clips of Nixon announcing his candidacy. Listeners flooded the show with calls expressing their outrage. Nixon's voice actually turned out to be that of impersonator Rich Little.

4 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

At least they are starting work on the Xfiles 2. Thank you jebus.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So what bothered me much more than Julianne Moore's presence was just the fact that they are working on a sequel at all.

Let's face it, all those complaints about Lost never getting to a point or resolution of its mythology? And same for 24 and all of the other current series?

That crap started with X-Files which near as I can tell, never had a coherent backstory to begin with and then never had the guts to say anything clearly and then not contradict that later.

And that was positioned as being smart and mysterious. What it really was was annoying and shallow.

IMDB doesn't list anything under Duchovny for new work for X-Files 2. I hope it stays dead.

Similarly, I was reading yesterday, March 31st that Val Kilmer wants a Real Genius 2. Please god, that movie was perfect. Do not kill it by bringing out a sequel!!!!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Sorry Jerry, I disagree with everything you said about X Files.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No problem. And I guess to have say, that I really enjoyed the X-Files probably as much as I hated it. I definitely watched it each week.

It was just very frustrating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home