Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm A Buckeye Now

Well sorta. I am in Cincy with family, waiting for everything I own besides this computer to arrive in Columbus on Monday. So the move is by no means over, but the worst part is (packing up everything you own for a long trip can be, well, ask Bob Ney or Randy Duke Cunningham).

Best conversation overheard so far: In a gas station driving here last night - "My skin got burnt straight through today by the sun, but there isn't any price not worth paying for the first day of fishing season."

Now I am sure for many of you, this is not out of the ordinary. But I am someone who has lived most of my life in New York, Philly or DC. I am so psyched to be moving somewhere at least somewhat culturally different (in fairness to Columbus, this occurred at a very un-Metropolitan stop in the highway, I will spend a future post singing Columbus' praises as it continually grows and becomes a really cool city).

On a different note, It seems I have missed many a story the past few days, but somehow I'll survive only having seen MC Rove once (right Paddy?). And btw, thanks for the Ohio facts, I even learned a few things.

Ok, so summary: I will do some blogging today and tomorrow, and then if the cable folk live up to their promise (50-50 at best, wouldn't you say?), and I get the cable modem up in the new pad on Monday, we're back to a normal schedule.

In the meantime I'll watch episodes of Law & Order so I can heartily laugh at the fact that the GOP is so desperate right now that they want that country-fried, George Allen-elitist-hiding-in-ordinary-guy's-clothing Fred Thompson to swoop in and save their pathetically corrupt gay prostitutin', child IMing party in 2008.

7 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

YEAH!!!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Hi Cliff...and Paddy!

I haven't been around for awhile because I went on a vacation, cut short by my mom becoming very ill and in the hospital. On top of being so sick, the poor woman feels horrible that I came home early for her.Geez....ya gotta love those mom's, eh? Very sweet.

I'll try and catch up with all the news this weekend. Looks like you guys have been busy and some new posters, too! I hope they are guys and they're cute...

I saw the request for donations, I'll get to that this weekend or on Monday, too. It won't be much, but I'll do my best!

Cliff...How's the baby handling all this moving stuff? Gosh...packing boxes with a new baby around....brings back memories!

See ya'll later.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Sorry to hear about your mom ME. I hope she gets better ASAP! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

As for packing, not easy. We did it though. And are in Cincy now, awaiting the arrival of our things in Columbus on Monday.

And the new posters are guys...so enjoy :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Hey ME!!! Welcome back!! I was worried about you and Katherine Graham Cracker. Still haven't seen her. Hope things are better with your mom real soon.

And Cliff, you missed ME's point-
Are they CUTE guys? heh

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Heee, Paddy, I told you ME would be back.

Hi ME!

Hi Cliff!

'hio!

(that was just dumb)

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Isaac said...

There was a L&O:SVU on tonight where Thompson's character tried to give the ADA a big lecture about being a limosine liberal sipping champagne on the Upper East Side while troops are dying in Iraq, and she threw it right back in his face with the news that her father had been shot down in Vietnam or some such.

Was kinda amusing to see Thompson get the wind knocked out of his sails. :)

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Suzie-Q (S-Q) said...

Hi Cliff!

I'm glad to hear that your move is going well, thus far! ;)

I'm posting the below on my blog...it's so dang funny and I'm linking it to your blog. ;)

S-Q

"In the meantime I'll watch episodes of Law & Order so I can heartily laugh at the fact that the GOP is so desperate right now that they want that country-fried, George Allen-elitist-hiding-in-ordinary-guy's-clothing Fred Thompson to swoop in and save their pathetically corrupt gay prostitutin', child IMing party in 2008."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home