Thursday, March 22, 2007

Big News (At Least For Me)

Well folks, many of you who know me knew this day was coming, but why don't I just let this email I sent out to friends and colleagues speak for itself, and you can ask questions (if anyone truly cares) in the comments:

Many of you already knew this but I just wanted to make sure it was out in the ether. I will be moving at the end of next week from Washington D.C. to Columbus, Ohio.

This young(ish) man goes West for a variety of reasons, grandparents to babysit nearby, housing prices that mean my 5-month old will have more than a bathtub to play in and a variety of consulting work I will be doing to try and solidify gains in The Buckeye State on the national, state and local level in 2008 (not to mention a very special project I am working on in next door KY to make a certain GOP leader's life a living hell over the next year and a half).

It has been a fun 7 years in the Beltway, and my interests both financial and personal will have me coming back quite often (I am living 15 minutes from the airport in OH and the flight is only about 50 minutes, so not too tough a haul). So it's not really goodbye. Oh and for those of you who have asked, yes they have television studios in Columbus, so I will keep going on from there (or better yet, when I can get them to fly me to New York and put me up in hotels I could never afford).

Best,

Cliff
So there you have it my friends...now on to the next adventure.

9 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Any Ohioans here?

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger ohdave said...

Yeah, baby.

Proud to announce I have moved you from "Other 49 States" to "Ohio Blogs."

Heh-heh.

It's out there my friend. I sent it far and wide. I'm going to bed.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Scott Piepho said...

Ohdave just gave me the heads-up. Looking forward to you joining us.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Eric said...

holler when you get in town and we'll hook up for a pint or three.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Eric said...

ah, don't use blogger so don't get a fancy picture or profile linky thingy. eric from plunderbund. eric at plunderbund dot com.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger ohdave said...

You'll find that, as Eric hints at, some of us pronounce your new hometown "klumbus, ahia."

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Ohio Blogosphere Cliff!

Might I also add: Wow! What an interesting time this is going to be to experience.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

pho and eric,

Thanks for the warm invitation. I will most definitely be in touch! Sorry I just got back in this comments thread. Moving in a week, so things are nuts...

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

See, I am so nuts I missed thanking you too michael. So thanks pal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home