Saturday, January 27, 2007

NOTES

Sorry I have been a little light on the posting folks. Busy busy.

First, if you missed it, my weekly AMERICAblog satirical piece, Cliff's Corner.

Second, I am happy to announce, that in partnership with my good pal and all-around fantastic guy, filmmaker Robert Greenwald (and his awesome staff at Brave New Films), I have started a blog to track the doings of currently right-wing, flip-flopping suckup John McCain (I was only blogging for half a dozen sites, and that is just not enough!). It is called The Real McCain, and can be found at www.therealmccain.com. If you go there, you can also find Robert's new short film showing what a debased man-of-no-principle McCain is. Robert will be coming out with a series of these short films.

Finally, you may have seen me bitching here about book-proposal writing over the past few months (I know, I can be a serious pain in the arse). Well, I finished about two weeks ago. And, thankfully, got a book deal late last week. It is on, well, this should shock you after that last paragraph: John McCain. I'll let you guess what you think the tone will be :)

In any case, I have a crazy deadline, as it absolutely has to come out before the primaries. So, in the next month, I will be adding one or two friends as bloggers here, as I may have some times when I simply can't post.

I promise I will try to blog as often as possible. And I hope all you guys stick around here. I think we have built up a pretty cool little community (Kos is quaking in his boots about our impending takeover of traffic, ya know)...

7 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh.... go on.... git outta here. You were smelling the joint up anyway.....

Seriously. Can't wait to see what hatches.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You know where to look for more of my reaction to this.

I couldn't be happier for you!

Go, Bulldog!

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the book deal Cliff! If you ever get writers block you can simply turn to us for some vile and debaucherous mental stimulation.

fernando & gottalaff, go check out the new "Real McCain" video at the website Cliff Linked too. it's good stuff (especially the last scene)!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for the congrats and kind words. I am psyched about the book, and have a few other things going on that will hopefully work out too (will let you know when I do).

I am really psyched about this site. That while the traffic is pretty good for a blog that has been around for about four months, more importantly we have a cool community here of folks who comment on a relatively regular basis.

Seriously, as you may remember, when I started this thing I used to post like once every three days. Now I feel guilty if I only post once in a day. In other words, this if fun because of you guys. I wouldn't keep doing it otherwise.

So stick around..as they say, the best is yet to come :)

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations Cliff!

Hopefully, some of us will be able to meet up with you and get our copies of your book autographed. Looking forward to reading it! I hope you find some good pictures of McCain for the cover...maybe the one where he is having a love-fest with Bush...or any of the ones where he has that stupid blank stare of his.

I'll miss seeing you as often as I do around this blog, but I think gottalaff and jambon could keep me laughing...and paddy is always good for a crack up...so carry on, my dear. Just don't stay away too long!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Don't worry I won't stay away too long Mary Ellen.

I will still be here. It may just be a little less frequently. Who knows, it may not.

I can always write shorter posts if need be sometimes.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, SNAP! "The Real McCain": Looks like there's a lot of documentation that the "long, hard" truth is one of his shortcomings. Thanks for reminding me to check it out, Jambon.

I wonder if John McDoubleSpeak's "long, hard" truths shrink after he gets out of the...oh never mind.

(That's a manhood joke, Cliffy. But don't worry. It has nothing to do with your apology for "shorter posts." Even your shortest ones are substantial and pithy. I'll shut up now.)

P.S. Thanks, Mary Ellen. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home