Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My friend Matt Browner-Hamlin, who was kind enough to write such nice stuff about little old me at Daily Kos and set up that new Televise That Scmuck Schecter site (that would have been my choice, if I had been asked), has a great post up at his blog on Giuliani.

He rightly uses Giuliani's own bs talking points on "leadership skills" (like having the foresight to locate your terrorist HQ in the only site in New York to have previously been hit be a terrorist attack in 1993, so it was demolished on 9/11), showing the contrast between his strong support of Bush and his supposed guiding principles to being a "leader."

Not only does Bush not possess any of these skills, he is mildly retarded after all, which I thought Giuliani would find to be somewhat challenging when trying to "lead."

In any case, it's obvious Giuliani is only sucking up to Bush because he needs conservatives, no matter that he is socially liberal (if utterly contemptible in most other ways).

Then there is this to explain.

Yes, that is the Mayornator, believe it or not.

5 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I don't understand Giuliani's love for Bush when it was Bush who allowed, through his incompetent leadership, the World Trade Centers to be attacked on 9/11.

That picture of him in drag is a hoot. Poor Rudy, all dressed up and no place to go! :-D

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Ok, Cliff, I promise this will be my last post of the day. I don't mean to monopolize your blog.

This has to be said, though. I just saw an interview on MSNBC with a guy named Caeser Borja (I'm not sure if the spelling is correct). Anyway, he was invited and attended the State of the Union address by Hillary Clinton. His father was a police officer in New York City during 9/11. He died the day before the SoTU because he needed a lung transplant. He needed that transplant because he believed the EPA when they said the air was safe to breath after 9/11. He trusted them and didn't wear a mask. That was the cause of his death. The damage to his lungs was directly attributed to the air in New York City...the air that Giuliani said was safe to breath. The air that the EPA said was safe to breath after following direction from the Bush administration not to tell the truth.

This man, one of New York's finest, is the hero...not Giuliani.

The son of this hero, while grieving the death of his father, took the time to make us aware of the lies of our President. He, too, IMO, is a hero.

Giuliani should hang his head in shame.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giuliani, McCain, Lieberman, Dubya, what's the difference? None that I can see.
But the really important question is: Is Giuliani a guy you would like to drink a beer with?
Gag.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Thanks so much for your kind words...

Hey, rumor has it Kerry is not going to run for Prez. I'm kind of glad. Although I voted for Kerry and supported him whole-heartedly in the last election, I think he really hurt himself when he didn't go after the swift boaters with more zeal. He had a lot to offer, but didn't get the message out. I was also disappointed when he didn't try and fight of Ohio when the election results weren't coinciding with the exit polls. I also think he could have taken Missouri if he tried. My daughter said that Kerry just blew them off and that pissed off a lot of the young voters who wanted him to come to their state.

I also think it would have been awkward to run against his VP pick, Edwards, in the primary's. No?

I still think the guy is a great Senator and I think his presence on the Senate floor is much needed.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

I feel the same way mary ellen. I think he has done some good things as a senator, but felt he sold many of us out as a presidential candidtate. I am glad he ain't running.

And old broad, the real question is, which you can see from the link I provided, is Giuliani the kind of gal you could have a drink with?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home