Saturday, December 09, 2006

We seem to be in a world these days where our information is becoming more available than Mark Foley after watching The Goonies.

So be thankful there are folks out there like my pal John Aravosis of AMERICAblog (full disclosure: I contribute to AMERICAblog every Friday).

Upon discovering that people's personal cell phone records were for sale, John purchased those of General Wesley Clark (former Democratic presidential contender) to make a point about how easy it was. He also publicized the hell out of it and made it a mission, like only he can.

Well, now an effort that began with John's important political statement has paid off. Both houses of Congress have passed bills making this practice illegal.

John is to be congratulated and thanked for giving us back a little bit of privacy in a world that takes more away every day.

9 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can also thank John for getting you more exposure, Bulldog. And for being a tireless advocate for people and issues that matter.

Come to think of it, we can thank you for that last part, too.

Oh, and I may have figured out what's been hanging me up on Blogger's log-in glitch. I'll try again later and I'll know for sure.

: ) Keep up the good work...um, not like you have it in you to do any bad work.

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff, Bulldog? I don't see the resemblence really.

Pitbull yes. Bulldog, not so much.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a significant victory. Many thanks to John for the initiative and courage in taking on this important issue.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Fernando - My good friend gottalaff is referring to an appearance on MSNBC, when I was complimented by the host who admired me for being a "bulldog." I guess that translates into "not the usual wimpy Democrat who doesn't fight back."

I am hoping it has nothing to with physical resemblance :)

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliffy: Other than the inquisitive eyes and the occasional snarls, you and the standard English Bulldog have nothing in common.

Unless you never got rid of those pesky fleas. Keep the CliffPup away from those. They can get annoying.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not catch the MSNBC piece. I oppose the bulldog lable because another pseudo journalist went under that alias but under a different profession.

You are not a pseudo journalist or a prostitute as far as I know.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

I believe you refer to Mr. Gannon Fernando. No, I do hope I don't have much in common with him :)

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

I believe you refer to Mr. Gannon Fernando. No, I do hope I don't have much in common with him :)

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowsers, Bulldog, I didn't realize Contessa's nickname for you would result in mistaken identity.

: )

Nevertheless, I'm gonna keep using it. You never know how many doors this could open if there's confusion over which Bulldog is which. You may gain entry into the gaggle, in which case you better shave your head and start wearing military skivvies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home