Friday, August 24, 2007

Justin Frank, Author of "Bush on the Couch:" On The Possibility Of A Bush Attack On Iran

He named this piece, Dangers Of A Cornered Bush (get your mind out of the gutter Gottalaff) and this part, indeed, is frightening:

"We are left with a president who cannot actually govern, because he is incapable of reasoned thought in coping with events outside his control, like those in the Middle East."

"This makes it a monumental challenge - as urgent as it is difficult - not only to get him to stop the carnage in the Middle East, but also to prevent him from undertaking a new, perhaps even more disastrous adventure - like going to war with Iran, in order to embellish the image he so proudly created for himself after 9/11 as the commander in chief of 'the first war of the 21st century.'"

7 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe he's just addicted to carnage and needs a new fix...

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

The first president to involve Americans in a quagmire during the 21st Century. And hopefully the last.
Bushie needs a time out in a nice padded cell.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

You read my mind, Eli. All I can think of is how he laughed in the face of the woman who was about to be put to death in Texas (name completely escapes me).

Dangers of a Cornered Bush, eh, Cliffy? Must be in reference to George and Laura's nightly bedtime challenges. (Ew. Too much info)

No, that would be The Incredible Mr. Limp-it.

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

And another penis joke for the road.
But still not an image I ever wanted.
Eeewww.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Hehehe, I can always count on my pal Kirsten to spot a good penis joke.

Then again, I can always count on my pal Cliffy to set me up for one. : )

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought that Bush & crew were incompetent. Could it be that they're just inadequate? AT EVERYTHING?

Restoring Iraq. Responding to Katrina. NCLB. Defending the Constitution. Defending the country (think 'My Pet Goat' for 7 minutes straight, I bet you cannot). Preserving the Constitution. Oversight (think govt contractors). Diplomacy. Vision. Honesty. Protecting the environment. Obeying the law. Enforcing the law. Hiring qualified people. Firing unqualified people. Spending money responsibly. Listening to the American people. Listening to other countries' leaders.

Shall I continue? Feel free to add to my list.

The knowledge that Bush will bomb Iran without any independently verifiable evidence (any evidence) has been with me for some time. It depresses me to no end. Should the US suffer an attack (in the US, btw) I really fear the cycle will continue endlessly down.

I forgot to add common sense...definitely absent in this administration. Just go read his 'Iraq is like Vietnam' speech from this week.

Sigh.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger ohdave said...

I fear that we'll know nothing about an attack on Iran until it's happened. That there will be no opportunity for public debate, just a bombing and then it'll be over as soon as Bush announces it. Any Dem who might be briefed privately on it had better express damned strong opposition to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home