Monday, July 30, 2007


3 stories of interest:

  1. A group of House Democrats will introduce a resolution calling on the Judiciary Committee to begin impeachment proceedings against Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.
  2. The wife of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is facing criticism from some cancer patients and survivors for saying in a magazine interview that, rather than continue living with multiple sclerosis, she once wished she could “just have cancer and die.”
  3. About eight million Iraqis -- nearly a third of the population -- are without water, sanitation, food and shelter and need emergency aid, a report by two major relief agencies says....The report found that about 43 percent of Iraq's population endure "absolute poverty," and that more than half "are now without work."...The number of Iraqis "without access to adequate water supplies" is 70 percent, up from 50 percent since 2003. The country continues to suffer a "brain drain."
My reactions:
  1. Took you long enough.
  2. How helpful. I wonder how he'll thank her.
  3. Impeach Bush and Cheney.
Seriously, go read each of these stories.

9 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

1. Does this stuff ever let up?
2. No, it doesn't.
3. I need a margarita...again. Kirsten?

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger N said...

1. Alberto is about go get schooled, though even if he is impeached I'm sure he'll still refuse to leave his job, by just claiming that he doesn't recall being impeached.

2. Ann Romney should take a lesson in tact from Elizabeth Edwards.

3. Why don't they just pull themselves up by their non-existent bootstraps? We brought freedom to their country. Why aren't they letting their collective eagle soar?

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

1. About frickin time...
2. As someone who watched her mother battle cancer for a decade, all I can say to Mrs. Romney is- Go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge.
3. Fuuuuuck.
Margaritas for all, Laffy.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger N said...

BREAKING:

FBI raids Ted Stevens'house!!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/30/lawmaker.raid.ap/index.html

Do you think they found any tubes?

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

1. Laffy + Kirsten + margaritas= watch out
2. Lol, noahnoah!
3. There is no 3. Two are enough.

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I'll provide the Patron if it happens.
2. Be careful what you wish for, Mrs. Romney.
3. So, I guess that surge is really working, huh?

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

1. I like these comments.
2. I love these comments.
3. I am a slave to these comments.

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Ann Romney... sometimes it's better if the wife DOES stay home and bake cookies (apologies to Hillary).

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I wouldn't eat her cookies. I might be poisoned, seeing as my great grandmother abandoned Mormonism for a life.
I say this with a cigarette and a vodka cooler in my hands as I somehow type this on a liberal blog post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home