Thursday, June 07, 2007


Woman Arrested for Making Faces at Dog
CHELSEA, Vt. (AP) -- A prosecutor has dropped charges against a woman who was arrested for staring at and making faces at a police dog.

"Prosecuting a woman for `staring' at a police dog is absurd," said her lawyer. "People are allowed to make faces at police dogs and officers to express their disapproval. It's constitutional expression," said public defender Kelly Green, who represented Jayna Hutchinson.

Hutchinson, 33, of Lebanon, N.H., was charged with cruelty to a police animal and resisting arrest after a July 31 incident in West Fairlee in which police were called to a market to investigate a report of a brawl.

If making faces at dogs is "cruel and unusual", I better turn myself in to the ASPCA stat.

NOTE FROM CLIFF: I'm in Burlington, VT right now, so I'll make faces at every animal I see, as well as a few people, and I'll let you all know how it goes.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

My dogs like it when I make faces at them!!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

How do you know the dog wasn't the one who started making faces first? He might have been sticking his tongue out at her...sure he calls it panting, but I have to wonder if that's not always the case.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

LOL! Love that note from Cliff! I wonder if there will be a picture of him on the blog tomorrow with a black eye...gotta watch who you're making faces at, Cliff! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home