Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Taking Back America

Dave Johnson over at Seeing The Forest has the best round up I have seen of the Take Back America conference. You should really go read the whole thing, but here is a taste:

I attended the Take Back America conference last week, and it was great. I am inspired, and you should be, too.

Two years ago I was at this same conference and it was a very different experience. I felt it was attending a tired, demoralized gathering of people associated with the older, Washington-based, established, celebrity-driven issue-organizations. I left discouraged, wondering when the liberal establishment would start to catch up with the ideas circulating around the blogosphere – especially with the ideas about building “progressive infrastructure” organizations for reaching out to the public and promoting core progressive values and ideas, instead of the focus on issues.
This time they really seemed to get it. Everyone seemed to be on the same side, ready to relegate the failed ideology of "conservatism" to the dustbin of history. Let's hope people keep working together, keep innovating and keep up the enthusiasm level, as 2008 could be a landmark year in the way that 1932 was, if we keep on fighting for what is right.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The idea of the Rethugs becoming a PERMANENT minority party makes me hopeful for the future. Now, if we can just figure out how to get rid of the Neaderthals on SCOTUS.

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

I'm with ya barbara...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home