Saturday, June 09, 2007

Cha-ching! Rags to Riches claims Belmont Stakes

Rags to Riches can beat the boys, too.

The fabulous filly outdueled Curlin in a breathtaking stretch run and won the Belmont Stakes today, becoming the first of her sex to take the final leg of the Triple Crown in more than a century.





Three side notes.... "I Am Woman" has it's embedding capability disabled or I would have use that, no clue what the deal is with the subtitles, and doesn't this whole segment (it's been many years since I've seen it) seem, um really "alternative lifestyle friendly"?

2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

There ain't nothing like a dame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When she started to make her move and take the lead, I found myself screaming at the TV (much to my husband's amusement) "YOU GO GIRL!!!"

Gosh, it felt GOOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home