Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Big Announcement

Hey there sports fans. I have been hinting at an announcement of Ruthian magnitude for a while now. So if you think I'm joining The View or scaling Mount McKinley you'll probably feel a bit let down.

What is happening is this: I have joined Brave New Films (BNF), Robert Greenwald's progressive filmmaking powerhouse, as a writer and video content provider/curator. What does that mean?

In English, it means I will be the blogger-in-chief at the spiffed up blog over there, and will develop ideas for short video clips mocking right-wing loons. We intend to turn the site into the place to go for progressives who produce original online content and those who want to watch it.

I think this will be an integral part of our infrastructure for progressives, as we will help develop and promote the message and the messengers using video to balance out the right-wing stranglehold on the corporate media.

How does this effect the site so affectionately known as Cliff Schecter? Well, we ain't going nowhere. We will leave blogspot soon to be hosted by the BNF folks, but as I have promoted this site as cliffschecter.com from the beginning, it shouldn't be a major problem.

We'll be cross-posting content with BNF, and roles may change a bit as time goes on, but that will be explained. The difference is that this site will still have all things Cliff Schecter/Paddy/BC/Gottalaff/The Hounddog, etc, while the impressive bells and whistles of the BFN site will accompany our writing over there.

We encourage you to go to both sites every day...many times a day...maybe even a few times an hour....you get the picture.

I am very excited about this, as working with Robert in the past on a few projects has been a highlight of my political career. His team is excellent too. This will only enhance our voice, bringing more traffic and allowing us to experiment with the video genre. As YouTube becomes EditorTube, we will be the spot to go for progressive video.

So onward and forward. And maybe this explains why I have been absent so much, along with traveling 5 days a week the past three weeks, moving three months ago, keeping up the blog traffic, consulting for Working America and Brave New Films, writing a book and having an 8-month old.

My apologies for that. But soon, you will see the fruits of this parternership...So what are you waiting for, like go check it out dude!

5 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Cliff! It does sound exciting. I certainly hope to see your snark reflected in Greenwald's films.

Ok, now GET BACK on my teebee.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Oilfieldguy said...

Not to pick nits or anything, well, maybe a little, Is the acronym for Brave New Films BNF or like in your post BFN?

Does it have a European flavour, where the adjective follows the, um, noun thingie?

Just having fun Cliff! Good luck in your new venture.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Thanks OFG, I fixed it for him.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Congratulations, Cliff! I'm sure you'll give us plenty of great videos to see and post on our blogs...we can post them on our blogs like YouTube, no?

I'm also thrilled that this blog won't disappear. Paddy, Gottalaff, BC and Hounddog are my favorite blog masters. Without them, I'd be lost...it's a one stop shop over here.

Cliff...don't forget your old regulars now that you're all famous now...Mr.Author. ;-) I'm still hoping to get an autographed book from you. Any way that we can order one from you when it comes out?

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

ME, we love you.

And why asked for an autographed book when you could ask for an autographed check instead? That's what I'm gonna do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home