Tuesday, May 15, 2007



I've been seething about his since the other night, and if it weren't for the fact we've tried to keep this blog PG-13, I'd boil over right now.

You know, at first, I really went off about the fact that they can "sacrifice" two years of their lives (all freakin' five of them) for their CHURCH, but not their COUNTRY. But that really isn't the point. The point is the vacuity of their responses to Mike Wallace's questions and their utter lack of understanding of the gravity of our current situation.

"Where alot is given, alot is expected, so we have to live up to that standard." Too stupid and superficial to even try and rebut.

"There are other sacrifices to make as well, and I hope to be able to make a sacrifice of that caliber at some point in my life."

Time's a wasting bucko, what kind of "sacrifice" you thinking of? Buying your underwear from Wal-Mart? Sending all your excess caffeinated beverages to Ethiopia?And finally, they are exposed for their very shallow, callow and fallow nature with this comment:

"I've seen alot and read alot that has made me say my goodness, I hope I never have to do that."

Well, my goodness also. I really hoped that a member of my family didn't have to head back to Iraq for the third time next month, but you know what?

My pony never showed up.

Millionaire children of a millionaire that was named after one of the Marriotts for God's sake!! Detached and banal to the point that would make them the male Paris Hiltons.... without the rehab choices.

Finally, just a FYI, each and every one of those men was born after 1970. (I couldn't find any exact dates for bdays) That means not one of them is over 37.

Guess what I found?

US Military Enlistment Ages
Active Army - 42
Army Reserves - 42
Active Air Force - 27
Air Force Reserve - 34
Active Navy - 34
Naval Reserves - 39
Active Marines - 28
Marine Corps Reserve - 29
Active and Reserve Coast Guard - 27


So clearly, it's time to get a' sacrifin' boys!

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

And since Mormons tend to get married pretty young, I'm betting there are some Military aged grandkids coming along.

Wonder what they will sacrifice?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Minion said...

I saw that interview and was thinking the same damn thing. But what really gets me is how they try to show the Republican Aristocracy as self made men. As if they didn’t inherit their position and had achieved everything on their own merits. At the end of the interview, I was thinking, “My God, he’s another Dubya.”

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Hey, as long as they want to do some missionary work, I'm sure there is something they can find to do in Iraq. No? I'm sure they can use a doctor, someone to work in a clinic, perhaps someone who can build a few schools that have been blown up...

I think they should pack their million dollar flak jackets and get going!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home