Wednesday, April 11, 2007

RIP Kurt Vonnegut

"Slaughterhouse-Five" is a book I will never forget reading as a relatively little dude. One of those formative-years things, I think.

Not only was Vonnegut a poet, but he pissed off the Puritans on the Right. I mean, we all remember that scene in Footloose when Kevin Bacon gets berated because that little Bible-Belt, dance-hating town thinks the book is not a "classic" but "smut" (or something to that effect). Right?...Right?

Ok, I have seen 80s movies way too many times.

In any case, Vonnegut was a genius. And a progressive champion. He will be missed.

3 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Okay, my head really is going to explode today. Glad I didn't give up drinking. Crap crap crap.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger BC said...

God Bless You, Mr. Vonnegut

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Ashen Shard said...

Cat's Cradle is the first of his books I read, and my favorite. Great author. Great man... btw, if anyone forgot, he did do an interview on the daily show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home