Friday, April 06, 2007

Edwards Is The Man

John Edwards is certainly doing everything he can to gain my support in this election. So far, on everything that has been important to me, he has been there: Keeping his bloggers after a slight hesitation, calling his Iraq vote, unequivocally, a "mistake," calling very clearly for universal healthcare, being the first one to pull out of the Nevada Democratic/Fox propaganda debate and now this:

"We just called the CBC to let them know that we're looking forward to their January debate with CNN but we're not going to participate in the proposed debate with Fox. The CBC champions critical issues that matter enormously to the future of our country, and we look forward to discussing them throughout this campaign and at their debate in January. But we believe there's just no reason for Democrats to give Fox a platform to advance the right-wing agenda while pretending they're objective. If there was any uncertainty as to Fox's objectivity, it was put to rest when they attacked Democratic candidates, Democratic constituency groups, and the Nevada Democratic party when their last proposed debate was cancelled for lack of support."
Let me also mention that Senator Chris Dodd deserves mention here too, as he has come out in support of Feingold-Reid, ie in favor of ending this disasterous Republican war in Iraq and against bottom-feeder Sam Fox.

4 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Now Faux will be all frothing at the mouth this coming week... twisting shit about Edwards.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Yup, it's what they do best...

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger ohdave said...

I like how the post on Jack and Jill Politics put quote-y fingers around the word "news", as in Fox "News" Network. I think that needs to be SOP on liberal blogs from now on.

Edwards is my guy. He rocks. I wish the media would get off their Hillary/Obama crush.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I agree that Edwards is showing he has balls these days, and I, too, like a lot about him. But...if even I knew that invading Iraq was a mistake at the time, why didn't he? I very much appreciate his acknowledgment of that, but I still question his original judgment, and his reluctance to admit this when he was running with Kerry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home