Monday, August 27, 2007


Several U.S. Army soldiers killed in a helicopter crash in Iraq last week were to be witnesses in the homicide trial of their former superior, Sgt. 1st Class Trey Corrales, who is accused of orchestrating the death of an Iraqi detainee this year.

I'm sorry, what?

Several U.S. Army soldiers killed in a helicopter crash in Iraq last week were to be witnesses in the homicide trial of their former superior.

Honolulu's KITV reported Sunday that some of the soldiers who died in the crash had been scheduled to testify in the trial of Sgt. 1st Class Trey Corrales, who is accused of orchestrating the death of an Iraqi detainee this year.

Corrales, who was in the same Hawaii-based platoon as the soldiers killed in Wednesday's crash, allegedly shot the detainee repeatedly June 23. He is accused of then ordering his subordinate and fellow defendant, Spc. Christopher Shore, to continue shooting the man. The detainee died from those wounds.

Am I the only one who missed this? And is my tin foil hat on too tight?

8 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

This is tragic. And here I am being all suspicious.

It's sad that I've been conditioned to think the worst.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I'm suspicious, too.
How sad am I.
I always assume the worst.
It's not like anything is happening to change my outlook of the world.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I think that's part of the problem. There's nothing to change our outlook.

If the Dems do have big wins, let's hope that they don't let us down. I'm not as optimistic as I used to be about what they will or can do once they get in.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Disappointments abound. No hope...
We are an emo song.
I'll start.

" Am I really this pathetic?"

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

And I'll rhyme:

"Why can't things be copacetic?"

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Can that word really be used in a pop song? Do teens even know what it means?
Not everone is as brilliant as we are, you know.
But it does rhyme, so bonus to you.
I'm not really a songwriter, I write funny columns on popculture while trying to finish a novel, so I really got nothing.
Or maybe I'm drunk. Lord knows.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Columns for who? That is very cool.

I do write lyrics. I write song parodies using existing melodies. Example: "Oops, I Did It Again...I'm not that innocent" has become "Oops, I'm singin' again...I'm not that talented."

Emo stuff? Not so much. Occasionally. Very.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I write for whoever buys them...
and alot of independent free press.
It don't pay so hot.
Now, I'm writing one on the fall TV lineup, and I think that the networks are making it too easy for me.
It's for sale. And probably will end up on my blog if it doesn't sell. I supplement my income by babysitting neighborhood brats, and shooting pictures of pets. I knew those college photo classes would come in handy, and my father mocked me...
I'm sad, now. I'm going to go drink some more. And think about KEITH, and how supremely hot he is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home