Monday, August 27, 2007

"I want someone whose primary interest is me - George Bush - and who doesn't hope to parlay this into something and isn't trying to curry favor with this one or that one," Bush told Johnson and his wife, Anne Sewell Johnson, over lunch.

The above quote was said by Bush to Clay Johnson III, Michael Chertoff's future replacement. It was said when Bush was the governor of Texas, and wanted Johnson as chief of staff.

Consider this an introduction to the next
United States Secretary of Homeland Security.

And of course, this successor to Chertoff--who in turn is most likely going to be the successor to Gonzo--was Bush's Andover prep school roomie. They're bestest buds. Sound familiar?

Johnson fretted that he didn't know enough about politics. "I'll take care of the politics," Bush said to him. "You go find the best people."
The Roomie's current job, as the Deputy Director for Management at the Office of Management and Budget, is to try to reform the government to make it more effective and efficient.
"I'm an organizer, a systematizer, a bring method-to-madness, bring order-to-chaos kind of person," Johnson would say.
But he has no experience in the Department of Homeland Security, no experience with immigration, no experience with travel security, and no experience in handling disaster repsonse.

However...he is loyal to the Chimpenfuhrer, so he's in. He's in and he's special:
[He] is one of a half dozen administration officials who can see the president without a scheduled appointment. He is probably the only person to have spanked Barney, a Scottish terrier and the presidential dog.
And all this time I thought the presidential dog was J--- never mind. That's just catty.

Meow.

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Once again, the loyalty of the Texas Mafia pays off.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Chimpenfurher.
Heh.
Good one.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

It's a euphemism. I had many other names in my noggin.

: )

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

How many are printable?
Most of mine ain't suitable for others.
Ask my kids. Mommy has a potty mouth.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Laffy does too. None were printable. I have to censor myself nearly every time I post. I'm a baaaad Laffy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home