Monday, August 27, 2007


Senior administration officials are playing the media re: Gonzales replacement

So what else is new? Via Atrios:

A congressional source familiar with deliberations about Gonzales' replacement told CNN that the successor will not be Chertoff and that senior administration officials are "playing you guys," referring to the media.

A source close to Chertoff said of a possible nomination, "this would be a surprise to Mike."

So who was it, exactly, that played them? Then again, it's not like lying to the press, or lying to us, or lying to their wives for that matter, is unusual for this bunch.

And about that recess appointment habit...

10 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

They couldn't be more sleazy.

Yes they could. Tomorrow is another day.

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Press Got Played??????

By This Administration???

NFW!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

PshWAY! Can you believe they'd do that?

I am like, so blown away. I rilly, rilly, truly, and rilly trusted them.

I have to go write in my LiveJournal about it now. I'm like, feeling so, like, emo.

I no longer believe in...anything.
::sniffle::

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I bet Fall Out Boy could get a really good song out of this. This, and the growing need for black eyeliner.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

We should start an all-original-lyric blog.

We'll have Fall Out Boy eating out of our hands.

HANDS, Kirsten. Hands.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I'm not sure if I want Fall Out Boy eating anything. They're kinda grody.
They can use their hands on themselves.
My hands are reserved for one man, and one man only...
Oh, who am I kidding. I'm single.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Okay, Fall Out Boy OUT.

Keith still IN.

And any other fantasy you may conjure up.

You're allowed.

As long as it's Keith.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

It is always Keith. Always.
I am nothing without my Countdown.

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry Craig's bathroom sexcapades flushed Gone-zo's "cut 'n run" from today's news channels.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger ohdave said...

They're also playing the media re: finding a "competent" replacement, etc., etc.

The WH is only interested in one thing when it replaces Gonzo: saving their ass from a a special prosecutor. The new AG will be picked based on his/her loyalty to Bush and keeping Congressional Dems at arms' length.

My bet's on Harriet Myers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home