Monday, January 01, 2007

Book proposal edits are driving me batty today...so sorry posting will be light (even by my low standards)...

But I just wanted to get this up, and actually meant to sooner. My good pal John Amato, the man behind Crooks & Liars, not only had the number two and number three most linked to blogs last years, but four of the top ten.

(full disclosure: I sometimes guest blog at C&L, and in fact was one of the hosts for election night coverage there--all of my posts however were probably somewhere in the range of 259,000 most popular to 1,116,000 most popular).

In any case, congrats and recognition are in order. John was YouTube before YouTube was YouTube. He pioneered video blogging, in addition to having great written content. I don't think he always gets credit for that (from a personal standpoint, YouTubed videos of some of my appearances v. Republican morons definitely got much traffic due to John's efforts).

So congrats John--and now send some of your damn traffic my way!

PS John is also a New York City boy like me, and us weirdos gots to stick together!

4 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johns' a sweetie!! I've emailed back and forth with him this past year. Very smart man who works very hard. He deserves every bit of recognition he gets!!!

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Amato provides us with invaluable footage. And you're right, C&L is the precursor to YouTube. I'd never really put it into that context. See, Cliffy, this is why you get paid the big bucks. ::coughBScough::

Btw, your life has become one endless book proposal. Maybe you should write a book about book proposals.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

believe me gottalaff, i could (you have to like, keep editing and stuff...i need a ghostwriter!)...

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John has been on my phone for over a year. I thanked him on his blog.

What a resource. We need more like him but he will always be special.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home