Tuesday, August 21, 2007



Time for another Stand-Up Comedy Blog

"Last Blog Standing" starts riiiight....now!

Yes, it's time to steal a few more jokes from my father-in-law. He used to write for Alan King, Milton Berle and Jonathan Winters, just to name a few. And all those Dean Martin Roasts, too: Don Rickles, Red Buttons, Phyllis Diller, Sammy Davis, Jr., etc. Not bad.


A tiny respite from all the frustrating events of the day:
--Karl Rove announced he's leaving the White House. Finally, someone in the administration with an "Exit Strategy."

--Karl's been referred to by the media as "Bush's Brain." Is that a compliment? That's like being called "Paris Hilton's Talent" or "Donald Trump's Hair."

--Mattel is recalling thousands of tainted toys that are made in China. To alert their customers about these dangerous products "Toys R Us" now has two new departments. "Regular" and "Unleaded."
Some of you will relate to these. You know who you are:
SIGNS YOU'RE GROWING OLD

--When somebody says the words, "coming out" and you automatically check your fly.

--When your Medic-Alert bracelet says, "Continued on the next wrist."

9 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

RIM shot!

Let's see the other blogs try to own this one.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Giggles.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

The unleaded joke made me feel ancient.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hang out with your family for the holidays - much funnier than mine.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Gimme,
It's a riot. My husband, my father-in-law, and I are all comedy writers, producers (and my father-in-law and I both performed). When we get together it's like a night at the Improv.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I loved when A&E used to air " Night At the Improv"...
Sorry, I got lost. What was I going to say?
Oh, right, I want you all to come up here for my family reunion and teach my loud, obnoxious Danish uncles how to tell a frickin' joke. While drunk. If at all possible. Please. Oh, God, please.
There will be margaritas involved. And my first born, if you want her.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I was on a show called "An Evening at the Improv". Is that the one you meant? Or was there another one?

I avoid family reunions at all costs.
Get him a joke book, lock him in the bathroom, and hope for the best.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Nope, that't the one. I'm a little tipsy. I'm supposed to be writing, but I'm drinking with Die Hard on in the background while I try to be cute online...
You are right, oh mighty one.

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G-Laff, can I rent your family out for our next Ceder? I'll read the 'four questions' and you guys can give the 'four punchlines'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home