Monday, August 20, 2007



Look, kids! 4 posts in one! A real time-and-space-saver!


So many stories, so little Bloggage Time. Just in case you're interested...

Coverage of Iraq: (italics mine)
...15% of stories across print, broadcast and online dealt with Iraq-related issues.
That is down from 22% during the first quarter of the year. As in the first quarter, the Fox News Channel devoted roughly half as much coverage to the war (8%) than its rivals, CNN (18%) and MSNBC (15%). [...] (Laffy note: Faux doesn't seem to care about our troops, does it? Tsk, tsk.)
"In the derby for 'free media' exposure, Barack Obama overtook fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton, who led in the first three months of the year…Among Republicans, the race for media attention was a tight contest among John McCain, Rudy Giuliani and Mitt Romney. And one unannounced candidate... Fred Thompson, emerged as a leading recipient of coverage even without formally entering the race." [...] Newspapers gave 44% of coverage to Republicans, with 36% to Democrats.
The Surge:
More than half of top U.S. foreign policy experts oppose President George W. Bush's troop increase as a strategy for stabilizing Baghdad, saying the plan has harmed U.S. national security, according to a new survey. [...] 53 percent of the experts polled by Foreign Policy magazine and the Center for American Progress said they now oppose Bush's troop build-up. That is a 22 percentage point jump since the strategy was announced early this year.
The return of Democratic South Dakota Senator Tim Johnson:
Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson’s public visit in Sioux Falls, S.D., later this month will be the first chance for South Dakota voters and potential candidates to evaluate whether Johnson appears fit for a re-election campaign after his brain hemorrhage last December, or whether both parties need to gear up for an open-seat race. [...] “Nobody is really certain the extent of his condition that might impact his ability to campaign or be seen as effectively representing his constituency,” said William D. Richardson, chair of the department of political science at the University of South Dakota. [...] Johnson has given every indication that he intends to run.
Global warming watchdog invests in oil, coal, utilities:
The new chair of the California Air Resources Board owns stocks in several oil, coal and utility firms, some of which are likely to be affected by rules the agency implements as part of the state's groundbreaking law to fight global warming...

8 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

GottaLaff: The most trusted name in news.

Take that, Wolf.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

You are incredibly gifted, Laffy. Kudos to you.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Why, thank you, Kirsten. It takes a real talent to copy and paste several things onto one page, does it not?

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Okay, that was weird. I tried to post something clever, and Blogger wouldn't let me.
So I'll try again. But it won't be so funny now. To quote myself in the mysterious vanishing comment:

" Considering that it took me a month how to copy and paste myself ( and I still can't get cool colors), I consider it a talent. Or I'm a big fat idiot. Whatever, either works for me."

There. Now hopefully this one works.
Stupid Blogger.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

This is what happens when we start getting more familiar and banter a lot. You see, Blogger hates me. Ergo, Blogger hates you now, too.

My apologies on Blogger's behalf. Gimmeabreak understands our dilemma, yet has never gotten "the curse".

It's you, me, and our margaritas against Blogger now, Kirsten.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

Oh, great. That explains all the trouble I had trying to get my own blog working today.
I blame you, Laffy!
Not really, I blame me, because I had to put all these posts about the trilateral summit.
No, wait. I'll blame Harper, Bush, and Calderon! Yeah, that's right. They've conspired to keep daft liberal punks like me from posting.
It's all the fault of the neocons!

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

It's always the fault of the neocons. Why didn't I think of that?

Wait! You think Blogger is a neocon?

We have an infiltrator!

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G-Laff, thanks for being my Reader's Digest of current events. I need that since I have a very short attention sp... what was I talking about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home