Monday, August 20, 2007



Naked photo shoot to save the environment

I've heard of "shrinkage", but this is ridiculous

I know global warming is a serious subject, but I'm not called GottaLaff for nothing. All I could think of was George Costanza.

Environmentalists regard glaciers as key indicators of global warming and the signs are not good: glaciers are shrinking rapidly.
Ohhhh, that kind. Well, I wouldn't exactly rule out the other kind either. Apparently, Greenpeace is doing a photo shoot of naked volunteers on Switzerland's Aletsch glacier.
It's not easy getting 600 naked people perfectly positioned on the ice.
I wince just sitting on a leather car seat in wintertime...clothed. By the way, tan lines were a problem for the photographer. Tough job. Greenpeace's Marcus Allerman (all emphases theirs):
ALLERMAN: People posing on the glacier, it's like they show their vulnerability, free of any protection, it's actually what happens with our nature, it's free of any protection and it's kind of sick, the glacier is like bleeding out or sweating. It shrunk last year 150 metres.
No more penile humor. No more penile humor. No more penile humor....
The Aletsch glacier isn't just one of the world's beauty spots. Water from its ice melt fills Europe's rivers, irrigates crops and cools nuclear power stations. But in fifty years, scientists say the ice could all be gone. No wonder perhaps that Greenpeace and 600 volunteers were ready to go to such lengths.
They said "lengths", not me. They did. I know when to stop. I'm mature like that.


Cliff Note: Here is the video of the um, spread, which I know you were aching to see Gottalaff:

5 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Yes, Blogger changed the green tones on me. It was probably payback for the infantile humor.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

They are out to get you.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

That video just started out with:
What seems hard is not.

Cliffdog! You're feeding my habit!

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing a bunch of naked people is one thing, but seeing it accompanied by yodeling... that just made my night.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Ha! Yodeling + Naked = Unparalleled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home