Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tiffani's Story, cont'd.
The following email was written by my pal and student, Tiffani, part of her story that I persist and insist on putting out there, unedited. Why? Because we rant and scream about this insane occupation, but she lives it. Every day. In pain and more anxiety than I can even imagine.

And the more of us who witness what the child of a soldier in Iraq has to endure, the more insight we can have about how wrong it all is. If you've missed any of her story, you can find it in our archives, and also catalogued here.
She appreciates your comments more than you know.
i talked to my dad three times this week

he just got back from a mission


i asked him how it went and he said ok

then i asjked him if he was ok

and he said yes


by the tone in his voice i could just

telll it was a big no


and that he wasnt ok

and that he wasnt ok

he is getting sadder and becomming

less and less of my dad

he still is but he is changing

he sent me these pictures =/


(I obscured the faces intentionally)
i miss him

its scary seeing these

knowing thats what he is driving

and just imagining what he hoes through


i wish he was here and safe

4 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

You can click on the photos to enlarge them.

I don't usually push for comments, but when she reads supportive words, it really helps her.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Hiya gottalaff

I put tiff's new update in the post and added the pictures to the sidebar and on the post itself. I'll also add in my comments on my latest post that there is a new update, in case anyone misses it.

Tiffani: If you're reading this, thank you for sending those pictures. It's good to add a face to the name. You, your dad, and the rest of your family are always in my prayers. Let your dad know that he and his fellow soldiers are not forgotten. Ok? Take care, sweetie.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

It's good to add a face to the name
Even if I had to obscure it ; )

Thank you so much, ME. I'll pass this on to Tiff.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breaks my heart every time you post one of these. Tell Tiff that her father may sound preoccupied, gee wonder why, and things may seem bad, but not to lose hope. And know that he'll always be her dad no matter what.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home