Friday, July 13, 2007


No. Nononononono. No!
Novak on C-SPAN: "I'm Never Going to Retire"
Novak says in closing that a "good model for a journalist" was "to be a stirrer up of strife. And I hope, as I say at the end of the book, I hope I don’t – and some people hope I do – but I hope I don’t end up in purgatory with my severed head in my arms." [he says that like it's a bad thing] This was a reference to Dante's "Inferno."

He also says, "I'm never going to retire."
Please. I just ate. That must be a misquote. I just didn't understand read that right want to accept such a grim prospect.
LAMB: You also do something that I don’t know that I’ve ever seen before. You name tons of your sources.

NOVAK: Yes. I had always thought that, when I wrote – I’ve thought a long time I was going to write a memoir, and that I would divulge all my sources then, as I tripped into retirement. But I’m not going to retire. I’m never going to retire.
That's a little like Bush saying he's never going to leave office.

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Longevity isn't always a good thing.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Novak's like something you just can't get rid of, like a foot fungus... only not as attractive.

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as long as he can sleep every day in a box of his native soil, he may be around forever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home