Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Random Thoughts From A Man On The Road

Ok, still on vacation on my way to YearlyKos. So you all get the smarter bloggers for a bunch of days. Ain't it cool?

So, in any case, I was watching CNN this morning, and on comes Heidi Collins to talk about Senator Stevens' house warming party with the Federal Bureau of Investigations. She then asked how will this effect voters, in light of one Congressman's going to jail (Duke) and one with $90K in the freezer.

Yup, CNN, not reporting things accurately but at least being "fair and balanced." One might get the impression that the corruption was equal on both sides, instead of the fact that they picked the one Democrat accused of just about anything and, well, on the Republican side they could have gone with Duke...or DeLay, Ney, Taft, Fletcher, Blunt, Safavian, Noe, Stevens, Renzi, Pombo, Hayworth, Lewis, Domenici, Wilson, Allen, Giuliani, Gingrich, Vitter, Foley, Kerik, Gonzalez, Bush, Cheney, Libby, Foggo, Hastert or pretty much any Republican in any position of power who has broken a law (which is synonymous with any Republican really) and has been convicted, indicted or had the door busted down by the feds.

So, like, well done CNN.

But hey, they were too busy covering the Maryland woman who killed her four pre-term children. Yes, it's a story. No, it doesn't need an update every half hour so I can hear Heidi Collins ask a police officer, "what do you think her mental state is..."

Ooh, ooh, can I answer? Ok, how about fuckin' nuts? Thanks, now let's move onto the next story.

Is there a connection between Stevens' house getting raided and Roberts hitting his head? Seems fishy to me.

Finally, speaking of Supreme Court Justices, I vacation in Upstate New York with family sometimes in the summer, and we are at a place where they have figures of some importance come and speak. So I was just walking with my wife and we passed one of next week's speakers: Sandra Day O'Connor. Now I know many want to applaud her moderation, but I promised myself I would never forgive her for Bush v. Gore, and I never will in light of what it has done to this country. I wanted to ask about that...but I am on vacation, and no Mike Stark, so I let it go.....

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

I would have a problem with O'Connor too.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

How smarmy was quitting so Bush could elect a winger to take her place.

I've seen many cases (Pope Pius XI comes to mind) who often repent their ill conceived decisions of their younger days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home