Tuesday, July 03, 2007


We know, for instance, that Cheney was the first person to tell Libby about Plame's identity. We know that Cheney told Libby to leak Plame's identity to the New York Times in an attempt to discredit her husband, who had accused the administration of manipulating prewar intelligence. We know that Cheney wrote talking points that may have encouraged Libby and others to mention Plame to reporters. We know that Cheney once talked to Bush about Libby's assignment, and got permission from the president for Libby to leak hitherto classified information to the Times. [...]

It's true that the Constitution grants the president unlimited clemency and pardon power. But presidents have generally used that power to show mercy or, in rare cases, make political amends -- not to protect themselves from exposure.
There is so much more that he hits on, but this was such a nice, clean synopsis, I thought I'd share.

7 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I need to stop working and do nothing but post all day. Catching up is hard!

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Basheert said...

Digby!

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Froomkin is my on my must-read list everyday. Usually right after my Greewald with both sandwiched in between this other creepy blog I read.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and Basheert, I just went and read the Digby. It was just right.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Thanks, Basheert.

Gimme, you read blogs?

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One this one. And Digby when Basheert tells me to.

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what's worse... the Moron-In-Chief shoots himself in the foot or Cheney shoots friend in the face. Why can't the two just shoot each other and put us all out of our misery?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home