Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Because I'm so unbelievably pissed off about what you are all unbelievably pissed off about, I thought I'd post some good news.

A Bite of Chocolate a Day May Keep Blood Pressure at Bay
Chocolate lovers can rejoice again: More research has found that the antioxidants in dark chocolate can help slightly lower blood pressure.

But the good news comes with a caveat -- the chocolate portions have to be limited to 30 calories a day, which works out to slightly more than one Hershey's Kiss.

Such small amounts of the flavanol-rich cocoa found in dark chocolate "may be a promising behavioral approach to lower blood pressure in individuals with above-optimal blood pressure," the German researchers reported in their study.

The article goes into more detail, and it's worth a look. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Hershey bar beckoning just 2 rooms away.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I wanted to be here today.

But instead, I was over there, somewhere else.

Now I'm here. And I'm starving.

 
At 1:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, good, just what our country of wide loads needs...permission to eat more chocolate. And while we're on the subject, can someone please make it a misdemeanor to wear tank tops and cut-offs if you're over 200 lbs. I'm just sayin'...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home