Sunday, June 17, 2007


Wow, Lindsay Graham is in trouble.

Sen. Graham finds himself in hot water back home in S.C.
By James Rosen
McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON - Lee Rogers, chairman of the Republican Party in Anderson County, S.C., was at the beach last week when his cell phone rang.

It was an urgent call from one of Rogers' GOP activists.

"He asked me what I was going to do to find somebody to run against Lindsey Graham (next year)," Rogers said. "I explained to the gentleman that's not something I can put together as a single county chairman. That's got to happen with the people."

It could be happening.

Graham, nearing the end of his first Senate term, has taken plenty of heat before, but perhaps never like this.

Thanks to his high-profile help in crafting an immigration reform bill that has stalled in the Senate, constituents call and leave screaming messages on his office voicemail.

"NO AMNESTY! NO AMNESTY!" one repeat caller yells for a minute or more in angry overnight messages that greet his aides in the morning.


Huh. I thought having a southern accent made you invulnerable in the GOP.

Guess not.

7 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

C'mon CLIFF!!! I'm waiting.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Ashen Shard said...

well, he lost that invulnerability by actually taking a reasonable stance on something.

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fun to watch them eat their own.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Wayne A. Schneider said...

gimmeabreak said...
It's fun to watch them eat their own.


But it's not fun to watch them eat out their own.

(Ohhh, that was bad. I'm so terrible. I know, I know. I'm going to Hell for that one.)

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd feel better if I could trust South Carolina will replace him with a progressive Democrat. Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope for South Carolina to recognize how their blind support for Republicans has been a major part of their problems.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Editor said...

Word on the street is...(oh that's right. all we have is... dirt roads down here...at least that's what I'm told by people who don't live here)...

well shucks, y'all..word on the street is Gubna Sanford done be courted to run but he ain't gots no juice any-mo in the GOP.

And there SHOW AIN'T NO Dem at the moment with much prospects.

So we better get used to Graham -- and honestly, his voting record is a lot closer to liberal than anyone elsei in the GOP.

I've got to get back to my chitlins and moonshine now if you don't mind.

Syd in SC

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsey Graham is a panderer to the filth of the world: the Indo/Spanos. He calls us names for resisting the invaders but where was he when southern europeans and Irish Catholics were discriminated or often lynched and churches burned in South Carolina?
As for his ugly english accent this is a puzzle. Most of the South it's a different world. Don't move there, you'll be soon back and most of the discussions are based on the Civil War which never goes away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home