Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This is Part 3 of 4 in a series copied and pasted, unedited, from a lengthy email I received from a 14-year-old girl named Tiffani. She's one of the many teens I've gotten to know through my work. She willingly and passionately agreed to share this with all of you. Her 33-year-old father was just sent to Iraq. She inadvertently found out his mission, which is among the most dangerous and is one typically covered by the media.

T he truth about the families and the kids on Iraq.

You know that saddest thing is im 14 and I know what the dangers are, but the sadder tings are how scared the younger kids must feel. My step sister who is about nine years old came up to me the day he left and said" where is he going?" she didn't get it ….not at all….about a week later she asked me if billy (my dad) was coming home soon? ……all I could do was look at her and cry.. How was I supposed to make her understand war? Understand dying and the letter? A young girl so innocent and pure on nine! How was I supposed to tell her the only father like figure in her life could die at any moment. I couldn't she still didn't understand. She is nine think even younger than that. Little 4 and 5 year old see there daddy walk away and not understand why.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

This kid is my hero.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

We need someone like Tiffani to go before Congress. When someone says that Americans aren't feeling the pain with this war, they should talk to a child of a soldier. They are carrying the brunt of this war on their tiny shoulders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home