Monday, June 04, 2007

This is Part 2 in a series copied and pasted from a lengthy email I received from a 14-year-old girl named Tiffani. She willingly and passionately agreed to share this with all of you (Part 1 was posted on June 3). Her 33-year-old father was just sent to Iraq. She inadvertently found out his mission, which is among the most dangerous and is one typically covered by the media.

T he truth about the families and the kids on Iraq.

Now some people move on and just forget about it, but for me ….its all I can think about. Every night I have the same dream. That a car will pull up in front of my house……and ill receive that letter. I've memorized that letter….that stupid letter, that" dear family member of this soldier …we are sorry to inform you the loss of this brave young man or woman who has died. They didn't die in vain they died in honor fighting for this great country……" how can you forget something like that? I can't even concentrate at school. How are you supposed to learn algebra…when for all you know you dad could be dying that second. How can you walk around school with a smile when really you're dying inside? Praying that nothing is happening.

5 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

If this doesn't get to you, nothing will. Oy.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Gottalaff

That is so sad. Do you think she would mind if I put this on my blog? Paddy has my e-mail if you want to answer there.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I think it would be a wonderful idea to post it, ME. And Tiffani approves. This is one of those things I wish more people would read and respond to.

And I should get your email anyway. I'll try to remember to do that. : )

Thanks for caring so much.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Gottalaff

I'll do it this week. I have another e-mail address on my blog if you need to get in touch with me. I'll give you my personal e-mail address when you contact me.

I know this story will go over well there. I'll also link the story to this blog.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Gottalaff

Geez...here's my blog address:

http://divinedem.blogspot.com/

Oh yeah...it's also on my profile, man, I need some sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home