Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Absent Again

Sorry that I have been gone most of today folks. I am in sunny Arizona this week, doing some final book-related research to fill in the last remaining gaps. You know Arizona, where sunny means hot enough to melt Mary Matalin's face. Like 110 degree hot (I josh the Arizonans of course, it is actually quite beautiful out here).

In any case, for me, two quotes and a flip-flop I came across today summed up the Republican presidential field quite perfectly:

“I’ve learned one thing in listening to all the debates and reading about all these people running for office, and the one fact I’ve learned, I can’t get out of my mind, is that Rudy Giuliani has been married more times than Mitt Romney’s been hunting.”

--Harry Reid

"The real Romney is clearly an extraordinarily ambitious man with no perceivable political principle whatsover. He is the most intellectually dishonest human being in the history of politics."

--Barney Frank

And finally, John McCain, after stating he opposed the English only amendment during the last Republican debate did guess what? Yup, he voted for the English only amendment.

And you wonder why Republicans are begging an overweight, bald, bad-acting, serial-lobbying, Scooter-Libby loving, Iran-Conta supporting, abortion flip-flopping, high-school-girlfriend impregnating, first-wife divorcing, for a woman younger than his daughter mind you, arrogant ass named Fred Thompson to run for president. I don't with candidates like these.

11 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I needed a good, caustic word-run from the best. My day is now complete.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Thanks Laffy

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

No prob, Cliffdog.

 
At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You’re walkin’ along the street, or you’re at a party,
Or else you’re alone and then you suddenly dig,
You’re looking’ in someone’s eyes, you suddenly realize
That this could be the start of something big."

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The comment that I think needs to be spread over all the headlines is Bush's statement about the no confidence vote on Gonzales..."It's my government" and no one was going to tell him what to think or do.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Anonymous,
I posted about that below. And you're right, it should be out there.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Basheert said...

On behalf of the Valley of the Sun, I welcome you to Phoenix.
We have arranged for a rather dramatic heating up (we've been cool for June) so our predicted 111 high on Thursday has been scheduled for your personal pleasure.
Don't forget to get your guys to swing by 16th St & Missouri to get those lovely shots of the protest signs and the pink ladies hanging out at McCain's "headquarters". Of course, he's NEVER here either - or representing us in the Senate.

Welcome Cliff...!!!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to get out there. Now I have some friends out there (and a friendly ex-husband - lives in Glendale(?)). So maybe someday.

Is it true that it's easier to breathe out there? I have COPD and am looking for that in the long-term.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Basheert said...

Well let's see.
During our 2 growing seasons (definition: before and after 100 degrees), we have horrible allergens and no one can breathe.

During the summer, we can all breathe freely! Then again, it's usually over 115 for weeks at a time.

So if you're in A.C., you're fine. The hardest time for allergies is when it is windy .... lately it has been.

We arranged for high temps for Cliff in order to shut down the growing season....


It's also difficult because our humidity is so low - our normal in the summer is 2% and it has been 0% as well....so we do suffer from the dryness as well which causes often (pardon me) nosebleeds until you get used to NO humidity at all. Our skin sux moisturizer.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, then - not the breather's paradise I imagined, lol. I'll still visit tho.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Basheert said...

Just hold this thought.
This average person takes 5 years to develop an allergy to a particular allergen.

Does that help?

I (as well as many others here) are allergic to YELLOW...and pretty much everything that blooms here is yellow so I cover the spectrum...acadia, paloverde....and it does bloom in the spring....

Beyond that I tend to not have problems. On a visit, you should be fine because your body will not react to allergens that quickly.

Come on down...the pool is open!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home