Saturday, May 12, 2007

You Down With ODP?

This evening should be fun. I am headed to the big Ohio Democratic Party dinner, also known in these parts as the ODP. Lots of media should be present. Sen. Sherrod Brown and Gov. Ted Strickland are speaking and many a congressional aspirant will be there.

I am sure the enthusiasm will be palpable. This had been GOP country since the early 1990s, and last year not only did the Dems take the governor's mansion and knock off Sen. Mike Dewine, but also took a number of other statewide positions (attorney general, secretary of state, etc.) and came within a whisker of taking back the state house and knocking off Reps. Mean Jean Schmidt and Deborah Pryce. Of course they also took the House seat of a certain jailbird named Bob Ney.

Oh and a certain Mrs. Clinton will be the keynoter, any questions you guys want me to ask?

5 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

Get LOTS of pics!!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger ohdave said...

Ask her if she'd consider an interview with a major Ohio blogger.

Ok, mid-major.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Wow, OhDave, I didn't know you were a major!

; 0

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger ohdave said...

That's Cheney-speak, as in major-league... if you know what I mean.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Heee, I was just pulling your leg. And I sure do know what you mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home