Friday, May 04, 2007

What a joke.

I had to look at John Stossel & Elizabeth Vargas (Heylo!!! Animate much?) FOR NOTHING?

*Sigh* I could have been watching "What Not To Wear".

In other words kids, ABC outed NO ONE. NADA. ZIPERONI.


*************Speculative Update***************

Of course, I was vast and yon about the intertubes after this happened.
A couple of things I want to mention.

From Atrios.

Here's precisely what Juan Williams said earlier on NPR.

I think the direction has been moving more towards the idea that this could be another sort Jack Abramoff style scandal in which you see that women, prostitutes here or call girls, were given to people as part of lobbying efforts, part of efforts to persuade people to do things on Capitol Hill.


My feeling about this is that it might be involved in the greater Abramoff/Shirlington Limo/K Street deal that is still under investigation.

And from a commenter at Dkos.

I used to work in TV new and noticed something curious about the story. Despite being in production for many days...

Choppy production values suggest extreme haste in editing. This has all the hallmarks of a last minute re-edit.


The giveaway is the very abrupt ending to the story, followed by John Stossel re-appearing on camera and saying simply "we'll be right back", followed by a very n jarring fade to black with no teaser of upcoming stories.

My guess:
This is a re-edited version of the original story. At the last minute, the producers ran into timing problems in making the story fit. Hence, the abrupt ending.

But I think it's wrong to conclude that the story has fizzled, or that ABC has given onto pressure. Much more likely: ABC committed to airing the story tonight, and simply ran out of time. Perhaps it was unable to get comments for other "johns". Perhaps the juicy stuff got hung up in ABC's legal department.


I can honestly say I noticed the awkward transition between segments. This seems very plausible to me. Hell, if it's juicy, it's bound to come out.

7 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Freakin' ____ teases. I'm actually pissed.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

freakin Stossel

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

You know I'm pissed if I don't even include a pic. What would I use? A Zombie to signify Vargas?(Really, she was very wide-eyed in a weird way) or maybe a toilet?

ARGH.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

EWWWW!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger watertiger said...

I don't think it was that innocent.

I think somebody talked to somebody at Mouse HQ.

Brian Ross was quoted as being disappointed with what was left of the story.

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, something didn't seem right about that whole thing. And having to listen to Stossel!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I missed the whole thing. Who got outed? You guys watched Stossel??? Gross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home