Thursday, May 10, 2007

Limited Live Blogging of Gonzo Hearings Before I Go to My Day Job

Watching CSPAN3 right now:

Gonzo: "Mr. Chairman, you have more breadcrumbs than I do."

Conyers: "You are the one who talked to Karl Rove... That's a pretty big breadcrumb."

Now they're going back to how many employees are under Gonzo's watch. He just can't handle 100,000 of them and still keep track of minor issues like firing U.S. Attorneys for political reasons. It's hard work.

Update: Mike Pence** is grateful that the 6 paintballers were caught. We need to protect our kids, and Gonzo's obviously the one to do it. I take everything I've been thinking back now. I should have realized how much safer we are as a nation under Gonzo's watch. Please forgive my previous negativity and/or skepticism.


**Man of bravery, man of no fear of open air markets in Indiana.

***adedenudm Note from Paddy*****
Just now Murray Waas reporting


JUSTICE DEPARTMENT
Administration Withheld E-Mails About Rove
By Murray Waas, National Journal
© National Journal Group Inc.
Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Bush administration has withheld a series of e-mails from Congress showing that senior White House and Justice Department officials worked together to conceal the role of Karl Rove in installing Timothy Griffin, a protégé of Rove's, as U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas.

The withheld records show that D. Kyle Sampson, who was then-chief of staff to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, consulted with White House officials in drafting two letters to Congress that appear to have misrepresented the circumstances of Griffin's appointment as U.S. attorney and of Rove's role in supporting Griffin.

3 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

But But.... Gonzo is HISPANIC.... he comes from humble roots!! They're just being MEAN to him.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Oh geez....I've been listening to this for the last 45 minutes or so and I just can't stand it anymore. If I hear one more Republican chastise those "one the other side of the aisle" for being too hard on Gonzo, I'm gonna lose it.

It just makes my stomach turn...

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I'm glad you posted the addendum. I'll print out the Wass piece and read it when I have a chance...tomorrow?

I had to leave right after my bit about Mike Pence, so I'll have to catch up. Thank goodness for DVRs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home