Saturday, May 12, 2007

There I was, minding my own business, forcing coffeeee ( to quote Paddy) down my throat, when what comes up on MSNBC? This:

A Pasadena website is outsourcing local news to reporters based in India due to lower labor costs. Yes, it's cheaper and easier to report on Pasadena's city council meetings from 9,000 miles away. The publisher, James McPherson, said it improves reporting and it's just like "an individual working at a desk around the corner."

Maybe we can outsource our ethics to India, too, since our stellar government has botched that pretty well.

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Sigh.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

I could not believe what I was seeing when that came on TV. I immediately jotted down the quote and ran to the computer to look it up.

Oy.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Me said...

Truly a WTF moment. WTF?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home