Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Emails I like

Often, I use this section to put up silly or ridiculous emails I receive, usually Internet scams or 2 for 1 Girls Gone Wild offers that I could accept, if I wanted my wife to beat me senseless.

But this one is serious. I am very very very happy to have received this email today:

Dear Friends,

Today, I filed the necessary paperwork to become a candidate for the U.S. Senate. At the end of May, I will travel around the state to talk with the people of Maine about the kind of campaign that we will build together. In the meantime, please visit my new campaign website at www.tomallen.org. While you're there, please take a moment to watch the video to hear more about the campaign and how you can get involved.

I hope you will have the chance to watch the video and visit the rest of my new website. With your time, your contributions, and your support, we can turn Maine and America in a new direction, toward a more responsible, fairer, prosperous future for all.

Sincerely,


Tom Allen
I met Rep. Tom Allen when I was working for another fantastic person, Chellie Pingree, who was running for the Senate the last time around (and is now running for Allen's vacated seat--I have a longer more detailed post coming on the myriad reasons you should support Chellie). But back to Rep. Allen.

He is brilliant, honest and is one of the most down-to-earth people I have met in this crazy business. I was on a first name basis with him quickly, and he remembered my name after meeting me once, maybe twice. Go to his site. Give him money. You won't regret it.

Allen, unlike faux-moderate, liar Susan Collins, voted against the War in Iraq. Bush, McCain and Lieberman all support Collins, so believe what you will about her anti-Iraq War talk. She "introduced" John Ashcroft when he was nominated for Attorney General, campaigned for Rick Santorum last year and has voted for every reactionary judge President Bush has offered up. So believe her at your own peril, that she is pro-choice, for civil rights and environmental rights, when judges she supported turn us back to the Stone Age on these and other issues. Oh, and she lied about only running for two terms.

The choice could not be more clear. An honest progressive or a lying faux-moderate, Bush-lover. May Maine make the right decision, for the good of us all.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad to see Rep. Allen challenging Susan Collins.

I voted for Collins 2x when I lived in Maine. I like her alot then. She was not Republican-like to me and she was a woman! It's actually a shame what has happened to moderates with the former Republican majority.

I know, I know, she didn't have to jump on Bushie's bandwagon while trying to sound like her old self...

Another casualty of the neocons. Good Luck Tom Allen!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger KayInMaine said...

I look forward to your post on Chellie, Cliff. Should be a good one. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home