Thursday, May 03, 2007

Can't these people LET GO of Vietnam?

Here in Northern Indiana, the hubbub over Jane Fonda coming to speak at the local YWCA on women's' issues got to such a roar, that she backed out due to "scheduling problems".

Now Joan Baez "disinvited" from performing with John Mellencamp at Walter Reed?

Why Joan thinks she was "disinvited"?

Reached by telephone yesterday at her home in Menlo Park, Calif., Baez, 66, said she wasn't told why she was given the boot, but speculated, "There might have been one, there might have been 50 [soldiers] that thought I was a traitor."

After the concert, Baez said, Mellencamp left her a message to say, "I hope you're not mad at me." Her response: " 'Of course not. It's an honor to be turned down by the Army.' . . . But I would have been happier getting in . . . I thought times had changed enough."


Apparently not.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

Don't know about you all, but I'm over Vietnam.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Astounding. I was reading about both these issues yesterday. That the military as still so afraid of these 2 60+ women is nutzo. The only thing I can think of (I'm no conspiracy theorist, but...) is that they both still have open and active FBI files that disallows them from being in certain sensitive areas - despite the overturning of such laws and regulations in the 70's

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

Gimmeabreak, that has to be it, considering there's absolutely no other reason, and even that one is utterly ridiculous at this point.

They're EN-TER-TAIN-ERS. Can you spell "entertainers", righties?

Oh, and then there's that whole opposing point of view thing.

What's it called again? Freedom?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home