Friday, April 27, 2007

Barney Frank Gets It

For a while, a number of Democrats have talked about embracing a more libertarian view of politics. After seeing what the Republicans did with Terri Schiavo and what the Supreme Court just did on abortion, it's easy to understand why Democrats do not want government intrusion into their personal lives.

Some Democrats are starting to pick up on this trend. Barney Frank, for instance, just proposed a bill to undo the ban on internet gambling. The ban was stuck in a bill by religious right forces last Congress, without any debate.

Now, gambling clearly has its drawbacks. But I don't want the government telling me what I can or can't do in my home, as long as I am not hurting anyone. Frank agrees

“I strongly believe people should be able to do what they want with their own money as long as they are not hurting anybody,” Frank said.

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Paddy said...

I pretty much agree with everything Barney has to say. He's one of the good guys.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Amen my man

 

Post a Comment

<< Home