Thursday, March 15, 2007

I have really tried to hold my fire on attacking any of the Democratic nominees for president. I really have.

But I'm sorry, after the Iraq backtrack and the hesitation on whether being gay is "immoral," Hillary Clinton is really pissing me off this week. And quickly losing any chance of my supporting her.

I don't think anyone could say it any better than my pal Matt Browner-Hamlin did in this Huff Po piece. I was at the same DNC Winter Meeting he references in it, and I agree with his sentiments.

Read the piece.

4 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Bert said...

Please stay with your original gameplan and don't harsh any Dem's. Stick with the stuff that you are good at -- blasting republics, baby!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger dave™© said...

Hey, I'm no fan of Hillary's, either, but let's not leave out Barack the Ball-less. In fact, IMHO, his initial statements were even more weasely than Hillary's.

Interesting how they both suddenly got all tolerant and progressive after the the Human Rights Campaign knocked their heads together today. How much money can the HRC funnel to these two - and has already?

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Jambon said...

Disappointing to see both her and Obama pandering to religious bigotry. That worked out really well for Harold Ford didn't it?

Unless Gore jumps in, I'm with Edwards all the way.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

My initial reaction, after reading some of the stuff on Huff Post and Crooks and Liars about Hillary made me think that my support for her isn't as strong as it was. That said, I also have been watching the news on CNN about her remarks and I'm seeing an awful lot of sound bytes taken out of context, or certain phrases or remarks that are being put forward without showing all the context of her speeches which leave out a good portion of her ideas.

It's easy to cherry pick one or two sentences and then jump all over her....I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and wait awhile, it's still early.

The last thing I want to see is our party splitting apart over perceived inconsistencies that are overblown in the media.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home