Sunday, February 11, 2007

Well, folks, not sure if you have been in the receiving end of the Copyright Nazis at YouTube. But it is ridiculous, and they are out of control. Many of my videos (try clicking on the ones on this page, some work, some don't) are inaccessible.

Money is political speech and protected in this world of ours, but my political speech on a video clip of a television program apparently is not. We're in Bush's big government world now, and there's a word for it: Censorship.

BTW I still have the videos that were uploaded as does PoliticsTV. They are scrambling right now, but I'll talk to them about hosting them once things calm down. Or, I'll get more bandwith on this site. They'll be available, I promise.

Otherwise, all I have to say is YouTube has jumped the shark. I hope we have an alternative soon for our original video, because I hate to keep using them at all now. They deserve to go down for this.

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger ChrisNYC said...

Take a look at DailyMotion and LiveLeak. They are similar to YouTube but don't have all the restrictions.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Thanks so much Chris. Will most certainly do that.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

John Aravosis ranted about this a couple of weeks ago re: The Daily Show clips.

This is nuts. Especially because they're of YOU, not someone else.

Maybe someone should start a website called FreeTV and really stick to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home