Wednesday, February 07, 2007

According to ABC News, Rep. Charlie Norwood, of Health Care Bill of Rights fame, is leaving Conress because of lung cancer. While he wasn't always on our side, Norwood did try to help on health care, and that's more than most GOPers ever do. My best wishes for him and his family, if this is true.

UPDATE FROM CLIFF: I must slightly disagree with my good friend BC. I don't wish lung cancer upon anyone. But you may remember that Norwood backed off a Patient's Bill of Rights after saying he wouldn't, because Bush told him to.

So I do feel sorry for him, but more sorry for all those who didn't have access to healthcare because of him.

4 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

BC my friend. You are a better man than me. I don't wish lung cancer upon anyone. But you may remember that he backed off a Patient's Bill of Rights after saying he wouldn't, because Bush told him to.

So I do feel sorry for him, but more sorry for all those who didn't have access to healthcare because of him.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Mary Ellen said...

BC

Although Charlie Norwood did not help in the effort for patients rights, like you, I wish him and his family well during this time.

It's too bad Charlie Norwood caved into Bush's demands to modify his bill...at least he could have looked back and said he fought the devil and won. Now, he can only reflect on how he stuck it to the people and caved into the wishes of the HMO's and Bush.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger BC said...

Cliff, I am not a better man, just a bit softer on those who are terminally ill. Come to think of it, I guess that does make me a better man :)!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

That's why I said it BC. I am mean. There's just no two ways about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home