Tuesday, April 17, 2007

(Re)Newing the Gun Debate

Oh, Harry! I'm so disappointed in you. Kowtowing to the gun lobby...or, just afraid of losing votes? Today's AP reported that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid warned not to "rush to judgment" on stricter gun control.

Only Feinstein (no relation to the author--last name spelled differently) made the correct call that more needs to be done on the issue.

So, the District loses it's vote to the gun lobby. Anyone can buy a gun in the good Ole U.S. of A, including nut-jobs from other countries. But, no one thinks it'd be a good idea to have policies to better track guns and ammunition? I don't even want to know what Fox News might be saying on this issue.

When are politicians going to try to do the "right thing" for once, instead of the most politically expedient?

Commonsense loses to big business once more.

3 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm... maybe I'm just slow, but how is Feinstein spelled differently from Feinstein? Or am I missing a joke.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

In this case, I am seriously thinking of starting a new group "Clip the clips" The problem in this case is that the shooter had a number of multi-round magazines, which enabled him to discharge 50-80 rounds in a very short time. If he had to reload after 6-8, I really doubt he could have killed as many as he did. And these clips were banned under the Assault Weapons Ban.

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

nilocjin, that's exactly what I was going to say.

You say "Feinstein", I say "Feinstein"...let's call the whole thing off.

And Jay, I'm with you. This is one of those issues that consistently astounds and frustrates me. And it's also an issue that may very well disappear again before too long. How can it not, with it being, seemingly, unchallenged?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home