Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cry Me A River, Schmuck

So Mathew Dowd, one of the Texas-turncoat Democratic consultants that went to work for Bush (like his pal Mark McKinnon, now working for McCain) in 1999, because he fell in love with Bush's well-toned glutes or some other idiotic reason, has now get this, repudiated Bush.

This asshole foisted a disaster on the American public,--and mind you we deserve much of the blame for voting for him (some of us less so than others :))--and then gleefully accepted a position as his "chief campaign strategist" in 2004.

Now he wants forgiveness.

Let me ponder my answer. Ok, here is it: GO TO HELL, Matthew.

What didn't you know in 2004? That he had busted our budget on tax cuts for Paris Hilton? Started an immoral war based upon lies? Ignored children's healthcare? Fell off a bicycle, twice?

Try all you want to distance yourself pal, and lament the "my way or the highway" politics that Bush employs until you're blue in the face (maybe from choking on a pretzel, perhaps?). I'm guessing you didn't notice any of that when you were working alongside that human bile-stain Rove though, huh?

Well, your place in hell is most assuredly already reserved, but you're not getting away with cutting and running from this miserable disaster of a president while still on this Earth.

To paraphrase another man who sold out to Bush, one Colin Powell: You broke him, you bought him.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Larry said...

Dowd forgets that he has been on Hardball and others talk show in the past few weeks singing the praises of Bush and his war.

Curious change of "blackheart."

www.lydiacornell.com

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger GottaLaff said...

*yawn* All these hyprocrites are just trying to catch up with us Dems. We're so much wiser than they are. Now all they can do is run from who they are, while we run toward who we are.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I posted on this last night and my reaction was the same as yours, spare me the crocodile tears. The guy is a bus jumper and just wants to ride home with the winning team. I was pretty harsh, but empathetic soul that I am, I woke up this morning thinking maybe I was a little hard on Dowd in judging his motives and it was a little arrogant for me to do so. Maybe he really is genuinely sorry.

Time was I would have been more sympathetic and immediately given him the benefit of the doubt. But six years of deceit and malfeasance have made me cynical and bitter. I think that’s what makes me angriest of all. They’ve destroyed my trust in my fellow man and nearly destroyed my good nature.

That being said, I’m not inclined to just kick him out of the house. I’ll give him a chance to redeem himself but a simple apology isn’t enough. It’s a classic batterer’s ploy. Beat the crap out of the wife and then apologize profusely and promise never to do it again. Maybe he even keeps that promise for a while, but unless he takes proactive steps to change the behavior and repair the damage, the battering eventually returns and escalates.

I’m with the camp that says if he’s really sorry, then he should offer evidence he surely possesses of the malicious and probably illegal activities he participated in and help convict those who perpetrated them. Then I’ll believe his apology is sincere. Until then, if he wants absolution, he should go to his priest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home