Wednesday, February 07, 2007

You may have been following the recent "controversy" engulfing the Edwards Campaign that has made it's way into the media, when the MSM are not too busy covering cases of homicidal astronauts wearing adult diapers for jaunts through southern states.

If not, all you need to know is that two bloggers working for John Edwards, Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan, may be fired (information is still a bit sketchy/contradictory right now) because right-wing morons like Michelle Malkin have been cwying ovuh bad wanguage the two used, in blog posts they wrote before working for Edwards.

B-O-O-H-O-O.

The fact that CNN and the NY Times would pay any attention to a woman whose reasoning in her books/columns falls somewhere between My Pet Goat and Millie's Book is bad enough. Yet, worse even, is that the press would try to turn "bad language" into a controversy (or now it's anti-Catholic ideas I hear...um, Bob Jones anyone?) and ignore a McCain campaign manager who consorts with criminals and approved the virulently racist ads used against Harold Ford by the NRSC in 2006.

That would be Terry Nelson. As head of the NRSC's indepependent expenditure unit in 2006, Nelson is the one who approved the "call me" race-baiting ad that played on fears of miscegenation, which led those liberals at Wal-Mart to fire his firm they found it so offensive.

Nelson was an unindicted co-conspirator of Tom DeLay's in his money laundering scheme in Texas (the TRMPAC scandal), and was forced to testify in the matter. He was also in the middle of Republican efforts to jam phones in New Hampshire in 2002, to hamper the Democratic GOTV effort in a tight senate race. He was James Tobin's boss at the RNC, a man who was eventually convicted of this crime. Nothing fishy there

(and of course I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED that "Mr. Integrity," John McCain, would hire someone with the ethical inclinations of Mike Tyson--could it be he's flip-flopped yet again? Might Robert Greenwald have to upate his fantastic video short on the subject?).

So let me try and understand this. John Edwards should have to fire two woman because they used a few swear words, but John McCain's hiring a man who's been involved in multiple scandals that led to indictments and convictions--not to mention his penchant for racist ads--is hunky dory. And the former is somehow a legitimate story for the media to swarm upon, but not the latter?

Wow, that's some liberal media out there.

12 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger Paddy said...

Hey Hey HEY!!!
Stop dissing "My Pet Goat" & "Millies' Book"!!!

Malkins forte in publishing is more in the genre of the weird plain cover books I used to see at a bookstore I worked at years ago.... "Madame Nasty's Tawdry Tush Travails". Self hate is big in her neighborhood.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Thanks rooktoven! Please come around more and add to our discussion here!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger voxpopgirl said...

Damn, Cliff.
you rock.

We need more dragonslayers like you~

came here via AMERICAblog's Facebook group, to which i proudly belong ~

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Cool voxpopgirl. Me too.

However you got here, please stick around in the future...I promise if you do, I will keep slaying dragons :)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

Look at Mr. Popular...... Good luck Cliff.

I was going to look at Malkin again but her mouth looks like the rear of a certain farm animal so, no thanks.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Mike The Liberal said...

Cliff,

Good points indeed.

The correct response to Malkin, of course, should be, "Boo Friggin' Hoo."

MTL

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

My apologies Mike. I think you're right. I will get that friggin in there next time :)

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger crazyworld2046 said...

Cliff, I didn't know you had a blog and ended up here by following a link from Hullabaloo. You've been a personal hero of mine ever since I saw a clip of you slam-dunking Ed Rogers a few months ago. We need more like you, amigo! Keep up the great work. I'll be back frequently. I notice that you and I frequent the same blogs. Jesus' General is another of my heroes. Maybe you can answer a question that's puzzling me mightily: how can anyone who has ever read or heard Michelle Malkin (or Bill "sodomize their own mothers" Donohue, for that matter) consider anything that ever appeared on Pandagon or Shakespeare's Sister to be offensive hate speech? I guess it's just the insidious liberal bias of the MSM.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

crazy world,

I wish I could answer that question for you. Donahue if a nutcase and Malkin a cynical self-hater. They are both so pathetic and such evil people...what a joke.

As for being your hero, thanks so much. I do my best to put these miscreants in there place on tv. I will be doing some more of it in the near future. I just can't help myself, they suck that much.

Please do keep coming back. We love getting new folks to our community here.

And on that note, good to see you again theexog. You mean Darth Vader wasn't framed by that Commie Obi-Wan?

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Mark Lazen said...

Nice post Cliff, thanks.

I agree there is significant, um, inequity, in the relative standards applied to politicians on the left and right for the company they keep. But what is really interesting to me is, first, how the blogger generation--many of whom will have a very public, snarky, and profane body of work--will or won't be able to move into political life. And secondly, how can we change the rules of a game that prevents some of the best and brightest--the very people who may have a past record of strong words and actions--from participating in visible roles in mainstream politics.

It's something I look forwad to writing about.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Malkin? *Blech* *gag* *heave* Go away Subic Sally, just go away!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Cliff Schecter said...

Nice image lpf...that's about how I feel when I see her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home